Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Soft Pizza Crust
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:55 am 

2-10 hours days on the weekend after working 40 hours at my regular job makes me realize that I am not as young as I used to be. It also makes me realize how hard and stressful it is working in foodservice. As for the pizzas, baking them on the cold pan did the trick. I cut the crusts in half so that I could fit 4 halves on the pans and that may have helped because they seemed to cook pretty fast. The end result was excellent. All the residents were happy and the crusts were nice and soft. Dessert that night was Ice Cream, but not fried because the grease in the fryer was old. Plain ice cream was fine because they had a party in the afternoon and they had all kinds of desserts then, so they were happy and they like ice cream. Sunday night I made a Chocolate Mousse and a Peanut Butter Mousse and I put a scoop of each in the dish. Boy did they like that. Of the three meals that I cooked, I had no complaints when I went into the dining room. A few comments, but no complaints. There is an older couple who are never happy with the meals and even they didn't complain which the Companions (Employees) couldn't believe. I talked to the manager last night and she couldn't believe it either, because they always complain, so I felt really good about that.

Post subject: Re: Soft Pizza Crust
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:04 am 

Congratulations on your success. You're a good man to do all that work.
fitzie