Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: WELL, IT'S OFFICIAL!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:55 pm 

They have been using americastestkitchentv.com for some time; the redirect started a while ago. americastestkitchen.com has continued to operate (faithfully redirecting to the bad domain....)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:09 am 

The link from the cooksillustrated.com front page still points to americastestkitchen.com/ibb. You'd think that they'd change that link to the correct destination if they knew how.

More interestingness: www.americastestkitchentv.com/ibb works, but americastestkitchentv.com/ibb without the www does not (produces a 404 error). It's not all that hard to get this stuff right. I figured redirects out by myself back in January for a forum I set up to prevent this stuff from happening.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:44 pm 

Looks like the people who forgot to renew the domain registration awhile back have also forgotten to renew their license with IBB:

Quote:
LICENSE ERROR

You've received a license error because of one of the following conditions:

* Your license has expired or is missing. Please check to make sure that you correctly installed your Ideal BB.NET license files to the /bin/ folder. If you are using a demo version of Ideal BB.NET, your trial has expired.
* You tried to create more boards than what your license allows.
* You tried to activate a feature that your license does not support.

Please contact Ideal Science if you need further assistance:
Web: http://www.idealscience.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:43 pm 

And talk about re-using recipes-the foolproof vodka pie dough is back again!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:09 pm 

[quote="Kathy's Pete"]Looks like the people who forgot to renew the domain registration awhile back have also forgotten to renew their license with IBB:

Pete,

For the ignorant, aged and pre-technological, what does this mean. I don't think I forgot since I was never told to do whatever "renew your license" means. How was I told? What does it mean? How do I do that?

Thanks,

Tim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:55 pm 

The licence error seems to be coming and going some. Someone might be trying to migrate servers or the like, and it isn't going well.....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:41 pm 

Tim wrote:
For the ignorant, aged and pre-technological, what does this mean.
I meant that it appears that Chris K.'s webmasters seem to have forgotten to pay the fee to the people who wrote the bulletin board software over at Cook's Illustrated and it has locked the users out. The error message I posted above is supposed to be seen by CI staff and not us.

A few months ago we discovered that the web domain registration also lapsed for a short period.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:13 am 

Kathy's Pete wrote:
Tim wrote:
For the ignorant, aged and pre-technological, what does this mean.
I meant that it appears that Chris K.'s webmasters seem to have forgotten to pay the fee to the people who wrote the bulletin board software over at Cook's Illustrated and it has locked the users out. The error message I posted above is supposed to be seen by CI staff and not us.

A few months ago we discovered that the web domain registration also lapsed for a short period.

Poor Chris,

Maybe they could find some effective ways to increase their income and cut operational costs. I'd suggest the following:

How about an aggressive strategy of increasing more book sales by tying purchases to continued mailings of new books?

How about placing advertising for Cook's Illustrated publications in top rated food/cooking products. This will improve their exposure and nobody should notice any potential conflicts of interest?

How about recycling older recipes in new books to increase sales and lower costs?

How about finding old recipes that work and writing articles about inventing the techniques that makes the recipes better?

Any other ideas?

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:31 am 

I have been so disalusioned with CI. They just seem to be money grubbers. Although I have become a much better cook from reading their recipes. However, I do not like the repetions of recipes. I no longer subscripe.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:38 am 

Personally I think the CI IT team is a "ship of fools"... has a familiar ring to it for some reason.

Hmmm...wonder who the captain of that ship might be?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next